Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Japanese Meshwork

What is Japanese Meshwork?

You use strips of fabric or ribbon which you weave in layers to make different patterns.
Depending on the pattern, you may have 2 or 3 layers. Depending on the pattern you will have 2-4 colours or different fabrics. The strips of fabric have double sided tape ironed onto them before weaving ( I used a product called Steam a seam 2 ) .
I will add some pics of some of the different patterns I have done.

This pattern I have named Mitsubishi Star. I have used 2 different fabrics , with 3 layers of weaving.































The drink bottle carrier is a different pattern based on patchwork pattern called Tumbling Blocks. In this one I have used three different fabrics and three layers.




















I will add some more pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. Where does one learn this technique? Is there a book? It really is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to learn as well, I think that is wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete